1. Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider?
2. Turkey or Ham?
Turkey, although a lot of the time my family would have other things for Christmas dinner, in different years we've had lamb, seafood, lasagna, etc.
3. Do you get a fake or real Christmas tree?
My family always got real Christmas trees
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
I don't have a house, I have an apartment with no balcony so no
5. Snowball fights or sledding?
6. Do you like hanging around the fireplace because it's warm?
I don't have a fireplace myself but I do like hanging around fireplaces in other people's homes or pubs or whatever.
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
yes, if it doesn't get too crazy
8. Favorite Christmas song?
Happy Christmas War is Over by John & Yoko
9. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Depends on the movie. I love some of them, my favorite is A Christmas Story with Ralphie and the BB gun (you'll shoot your eye out!) and I love some versions of Christmas Carol, especially Scrooge with Albert Finney and the one with Patrick Stewart but I don't like some of the really cheesy ones and I hate It's A Wonderful Life. I don't especially appreciate the message that movie sends to women, that you are not a success unless you've got a husband. Thank fuck it's not 1947 anymore.
10. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
11. Stockings before or after presents?
Stocking before presents
12. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
I like listening to them and I've been one myself.
13. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
Go to someone else's house
14. Do you read the Christmas Story?
15. What do you do after presents are opened?
relax, hang out, listen to music, play with the presents, enjoy the company
16. What is your favorite holiday smell?
too many good ones to just pick one
17. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Walking around the mall because I can't ice skate my way out of a paper bag (ironic given my two favorite sports movies are Blades of Glory and I, Tonya)
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
Too many good ones
19. Favorite part about winter?
Christmas and my birthday.
20. Favorite Christmas decoration?
I love looking at them in general
21. Lights...colored or clear?
22. What is the best Christmas gift you ever received?
I've been lucky, I've gotten too many really great ones to pick one
23. What is your favorite Christmas tradition in your family?
I don't know
24. What is your least favorite thing about the holidays?
Greed and when depressing shit happens around that time of year
25. What is the one thing that you would like to see under the tree this year?
the end of covid related insanity
26. What is your favorite thing to do/build in the snow?
play with dogs
27. What is your favorite holiday drink?
Hot chocolate, but I also like eggnog and hot buttered rum a lot
28. Who is your favorite reindeer?
I don't have one, but does anyone who has a favorite reindeer ever pick any one other than Rudolph?
29. What is your Christmas Eve ritual?
30. Are you a Friday after Thanksgiving shopper?
No, I might go to a grocery store if I need something but other than that it gets too crazy
31. What is your favorite holiday food?
too many good ones to just choose one
32. How did you find out that Santa wasn't real?
I think I always knew. I think I also always knew it doesn't matter.
33. Who do you want to be under the mistletoe with?
34. Have you bought all your presents yet?
35. Do you spend Christmas with a lot of family?
36. Do you still make snowmen and snow angels?
No, I live in California so there isn't a lot of snow
37. What's your favorite Christmas movie?
38. What do you plan to do for New Year's Eve?
I don't think there's gonna be a vaccine by then
39. What's the most expensive thing you've gotten for Christmas?
I don't ask how much my presents cost, that's rude
40. How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
Not super early, that's for kids
41. What do you usually get in your stocking?
When I got stockings I usually got candy and cassette tapes (that's how long ago I got stockings)
42. Who would you like to see this Christmas?
any of my friends and family