thank you for the gorgeous Xmas card!
here's a meme:
1. Do you prefer writing with black or blue pen? I'm not picky
2. Would you prefer to live in the country or the city? City
3. If you could learn a new skill, what would it be? I wish I could write and play music
4. Do you drink your tea or coffee with sugar? no.
5. What was your favourite book as a child? Alice in Wonderland
6. Do you prefer baths or showers? Showers
7. If you could be a mythical creature, which would you choose? probably a witch, a dragon, a unicorn or a Tolkien elf
8. Do you prefer reading paper or electronic books? Paper
9. What is your favourite item of clothing? A Tibetan wool vest with a very complicated looking embroidered mandala on it done by Buddhist monks
10. Do you like your name? Would you ever change it? I'm not crazy about it because it sounds like either a little kid or somebody out of Archie comics and people are always getting it wrong but I'm too used to it to change it
11. Who is a mentor to you? I don't think I have one
12. Would you ever want to be famous? If so, what for? Writing
13. Are you a restless sleeper? Sometimes
14. Do you consider yourself a romantic? Yes, of the crushed type
15. Which element best represents you? Mercury
16. Who do you want to be closer to? I don't know, I'll have to think about that
17. Do you miss someone at the moment? Allllllllll myyyyyyyy friennnnnndddsssssss (acidqueen's answer, which I agree with completely)
18. Tell us about an early childhood memory. Dancing with my cousin to Sgt. Pepper when I was about 5 and he was in high school.
19. What is the strangest thing you have eaten? octopus maybe?
20. What can you see outside your bedroom window? I don't have a bedroom window
21. What are you most thankful for? My friends, my family, my health, getting rid of the tangerine turd
22. Do you like spicy food? Yes!
23. Have you ever met someone famous? yes, rather a lot of them, the most memorable probably being three Monty Python guys and several MST3K guys
24. Do you keep a diary or journal? yes, this one!
25. Do you prefer to use pen or pencil? I use pens to write and pencils to draw
26. What is your star sign? I don't believe in astrology so I'll say my Chinese sign to confuse people. Tiger.
27. Do you like your cereal crunchy or soggy? I don't eat cereal anymore but crunchy when I did.
28. What would you want your legacy to be? No idea
29. Do you like reading? What was the last thing you read? Yes. A book about bad movies.
30. How do you show someone you love them? I like to be helpful. I like to be supportive. I like to give gifts when I can afford to, or make food. (again, see my note for #17)
31. Do you like ice in your drinks? depends on the drink
32. What are you afraid of? homelessness, rape, clowns
33. What is your favourite scent? I change my mind about that one a lot. Right now I'd say chocolate or lemon
34. Do you address older people by their first or last name? depends who they are
35. If money was not a factor, how would you live your life? not sure how much I'd change
36. Do you prefer swimming in pools or in the ocean? pools. I hate jellyfish and pollution
37. What would you do if you found $50 on the ground? not gonna lie, I'd keep it
38. Have you ever seen a shooting star? Did you make a wish? yes
39. What is one thing you would want to teach your children? N?A, I neither have nor want children
40. If you had to have a tattoo, what would it be and where would you get it? I don't have any, but probably something Beatles oriented
41. What can you hear right now? the Mozart I was listening to ended and I am listening to 2000 Light Years From Home by the Rolling Stones
42. Where do you feel the safest? In my best friend's home
43. What is one thing you want to overcome/conquer? I don't know
44. If you could travel back to any era, which would you choose? the 1960's
45. What is your most used emoji? I don't use emojis
46. What is your favourite season? Why? I don't have one favorite, they all have their good and bad points
47. How would you spend your ideal day? Hanging out with all my friends and Hugh Laurie in a lot of places I love (obviously after the covid closures are a thing of the past)
48. Describe yourself using one word. eclectic
49. What do you regret the most? I really should not have gone to college. Or gotten involved with my mean crazy ex. Or moved to the town I lived in in the late 80's.
50. Invent your own word. What does it mean? Iatroeco-oxyglossophilia. Philias, manias and phobias have names based in Greek.
therefore; love of sharp-tongued Dr. House. (This was also the title of my first House fanfic which I wrote 12 years ago.