1. My real name is Katie and I live in the San Francisco bay area and I'm 49 and I have Asperger's and I love Hugh Laurie and my friends and good food and art.
IF YOU'RE AT ALL FANDOM-Y:
2. Do you have a current obsession? Hugh Laurie
3. The age you got into your first online fandom? not sure
4. What do you think of fanfiction? The age you read your first fanfic? I love good fan fic. the first fan fic I ever saw was a movie, not something I read. Yellow Submarine is Beatle fan fic and I saw that movie for the first time when I was only six! and it's still one of my favorite movies.
5. How much do you participate in fandom nowadays? I mostly write weird House fics, I read a lot of fic too.
IF YOU'RE AT ALL WRITER-LY:
6. Have you ever written fanfiction? Do you think it helped you develop as a writer? Yes and yes.
7. Been published? No.
8. What are you personally most proud of? most of my fics. i change my mind about which ones are my favorites a lot. Right now I really like "Incompatibility".
9. The best writing advice that you've ever been given. Write what you know. i notice a LOT of people follow that one.
IF YOU'RE AT ALL OTHERWISE CREATIVE:
10. Can you sing or play an instrument? I can sing,but not play any instruments.
11. What's the first thing you remember drawing? no idea.
12. Which creative project or achievement are you personally most proud of? not sure
13. What motivates you when you feel a creative block? different things, sometimes something somebody else wrote gives me ideas, not to copy them, but to go off with my own take on some concept.
IF YOU WENT TO SCHOOL/COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY:
14. Tell me about a teacher you remember. My bitch college English professor. she had some sort of grudge against me which i never understood.
15. Tell me a funny story involving class or homework. All i can think of off the top of my head is having to watch dopey "educational" movies in school sometimes and me and some other kids making MST type cracks about them because they were so bad.
16. Would you go back if you could? What would you study? I wouldn't go back if you paid me.
IF YOU'RE AT ALL QUEER: I'm not, though.
17. How did you 'come out'?
18. The most memorable event to do with your sexuality/identity - have you suffered from bullying? been to Pride? had a moment of courage?
IF YOU'VE GOT A JOB: I don't.
19. Go on, how much do you hate your boss?
20. Tell me a funny work story!
21. Are you doing your dream job? Or are you planning to escape?
IF YOU'RE IN A RELATIONSHIP: I'm not.
22. How did you meet them?
23. How long have you been seeing each other?
24. A silly reason why you love them? Cute snoring? Eats your leftover olives? Pulls funny faces?
25. Favourite book. too many to name just one
26. Favourite film. same as #26
27. Favourite character. House
28. What music do you like? Favourite band/artist? Blues, classic rock, jazz, classical, many many other kinds. the Beatles are my fave band of all time.
29. Your first kiss. It was onstage in new York when I was 13. he was an actor named Bobby Lee.
30. Last person you hugged? My friends James and TA.
31. Tell me about the best holiday/trip you've been on. probably Las Vegas or New Orleans. i love to party.
32. Favourite food. Chocolate or Chinese food.
33. Favourite drink. Coke or good beer
34. What did you do today? watched TV, hung out with a few of my friends
35. What are you looking forward to? My awesome friend damigella314 visiting next month.
36. Favourite poet/artist/something-else-vital. I love Oscar Wilde and P.G. Wodehouse.
37. Favourite colour. Purple
38. Post a picture? already did last Sept. with me and the MST guys.