1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Found out where the Oakland Hell's Angels headquarters are and saw Hugh Laurie live (the two are not related!)
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, but i live there so I don't know if that counts as a visit
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 1, because i saw Hugh Laurie sing and play blues live and he was AMAZING!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Writing a lot of fanfic
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Anything bad?
i had to have a hysterectomy because of my evil cthulu periods.
11. What were the best things you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jeremiah's. he's really a good friend.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
one person who's the ex boyfriend of one of my LJ buds. I'm not mentioning any names here but he's been a total dick.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hugh and being with damilgella_314, she is a lovely and generous person.
16. What song/s will always remind you of 2011?
Any songs from Hugh Laurie's album.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. Richer or poorer? Equally broke.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
being bothered by creeps
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At my sister's house with my family and a bunch of her friends.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I love Hugh even more now than i did before i saw him live, does that count?
22. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
too many good ones to pick one
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hugh Laurie's playing live, although I already knew he was good.
28. What did you want and get?
some new DVDs and Hugh's CD
29. What did you want and not get?
a laptop and a car
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see that many new movies this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
hung out with a bunch of my great friends. :) I turned 49.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
i wish more of my friends had been available to be with me when i saw Hugh live.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
question make head go splodey.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hugh mother fucking Laurie :D
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
too many to pick one.
37. Who did you miss?
lots of people
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
enjoy special moments when you can.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"we all shine on..." John Lennon, "Instant Karma"
* * *
Looking Ahead: 2012
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
I've given up on looking for new romantic relationships if that's what you mean.
3. New home?
4. What will you do different in 2012?
I don't really know.
5. New Year's resolution?
I never make 'em.
6. What will you not be doing in 2012?
mostly stuff I never had any intention of doing.
7. Any trips planned?
Oh yeah, Europe in the fall. I can hardly wait.
8. Wedding plans?
9. Major thing on your calendar?
other than the Europe trip (and i don't know the exact date for that) nothing, it's too early.
10. What can't you wait for?
the Europe trip
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
better financial situation
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
15. Will you dress differently this year then you did in '11?
I doubt it.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I'd like to but I'm feeling a bit iffy about it.
18. Will you do philanthropy work?
19. Will you go to bars?
I usually do now and then.
20. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
I try to.
21. Do you expect 2012 to be a good year for you?
I hope so.
22. How much did you change from last year to this year?
I don't think I changed much outside of adding a new fandom.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
That would be a nightmare of Lovecraftian proportions.
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
25. Major lifestyle changes?
I don't have a lifestyle, I have a life.
26. Will you be moving?
Not by my choice.
27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in 2012 that happened in 2011?
28. What are your New Year's Eve plans?
no plans yet.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
30. One wish for 2012?
That everyone stays healthy and happy.