1. What do you like best about baking? I like knowing that I made something that will make people happy and seeing it all come together. Cooking is both an art and a science.
2. Tell me about your writing process. I get inspired by a lot of things, sometimes it's the show itself, sometimes it's someone else's fic, sometimes it's my own experiences, "Ice and Wine" was inspired by, of all things, a book I recently got on food and drink pairings, sometimes it'll just be some random comment somebody made. Certain things will just go around in my head, sometimes for a very long time. I used to always write the earliest draft with a notebook and pencil but i don't do that anywhere near as much now as I did when I started writing Hughcentric fanfic four years ago, a lot of the time now it's just written down in my head before i write it on the computer (much easier to edit of course).
3. How would you like House to end? Either the whole thing turns out to be Bertie Wooster's VERY long nightmare or House and Wilson walking off into the sunset and one sweet kiss. like Fox would ever have the balls to do that.
4. What was your favorite book when you were a child? Alice in Wonderland.
5. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon? Read, listen to music, watch DVDs, hang out with my friends.
6. You have Hugh all to yourself for one week. What do you do? First day; have long conversations with him, take him to Golden Gate park and show him the Japanese tea gardens and other parts of it and have a picnic with him there with sandwiches and cookies from some of the local places, take him home and shag him silly. Second day; take him over to Amoeba so he can shop for CDs because we're both music geeks and Amoeba has a good sized blues section, then go somewhere we can hang out and listen to them all day that also has room for a piano so I can hear him play too, and play guitar, and maybe he wouldn't mind listening to me sing. Then take him home and shag him silly. Third day; take him and a bunch of my friends over to Solano Avenue for Chinese food, then we all go hang out at Schmidt's (cool British-mom & pop looking pub in Berkeley that has a fireplace and a patio and a very friendly homey atmosphere). Then go shag...oh, you get the idea. Fourth day; we ride his motorcycle around the bay area looking at the beautiful scenery, then meet a bunch of my friends at Jupiter for pizza on a night when a good band is playing there. Then go shag if he's not too tired. Fifth day: Have tea over at Peet's, then hang out at my place and rest up and talk some more, then I make him dinner (whatever he likes). Then go shag if I'm not too tired. Sixth day: Take him to the Cheeseboard to listen to the jazz musicians (and maybe he'll want to jam with them?), then to Saul's for Jewish deli food and Love at First Bite for cupcakes. Then guess what. Seventh day: Pub crawl in North beach. :)
7. Why did you join Live Journal? I googled my two favorite TV shows, House and MST, together just to see what would happen and got some very funny MSTs of extremely bad fanfics done by the characters themselves and liked it so much I joined LJ because I wanted to meet smart House fans with good senses of humor. And I did.