1. Karaoke. Some teenaged girls fantasized about being married to rock stars, when I was a teenager I fantasized about BEING a rock star. I still love to karaoke and in fact never really grew out of that rock star fantasy. karaokegal and I share the same stomping ground, the Mint, and in fact we both hung out there before we met eachother. I have also karaoked in Hawaii and Las Vegas. and not to sound egotistical but I think I have a good voice.
2. Hugh Laurie. God, i love him. I love him for his talent, very few actors can do both comedy and drama well the way he does, he writes, he is wonderfully musical, he can even dance. i love him because he has a cool personality (OK, I've never met him but I've read and seen many many interviews) and he is smart, charming and unusually modest, especially considering what a big celebrity he is. I have met several celebrities and a lot of them are egotistical jerks. I also think he is gorgeous. he has a hot body and an adorable expressive face. I particularly love his eyes and his smile. I would kill to see him naked (and fortysomething doesn't count because he was covering up his naughty bits)
3. the SF Bay Area. I have been living in Northern Calif. for almost thirty years now and I love it here, I would not want to live anywhere else. I love the restaurants, the clubs,the stores, the crazy localized weather, the character and the people. as much as I am fascinated by show business, it doesn't bother me that not many famous people live in the bay area, because here, everybody is a star! and anyone reading this who wants to come visit the bay area, let me know because I LOVE to play tour guide and i can take you to the cool places we locals know about that the tourists usually don't get to see.
4. Jeeves and Wooster. I read the books for years before the TV show existed and way before Hugh and Stephen were even well-known, when i was a kid. (I'm only a few years younger than they are.) if you've never read them go to your library and get them, any decent library will have some Wodehouse and they're very funny books. They are guaranteed to put you in a good mood. The show is terrific, Hugh and Stephen are the best actors they could have gotten to play those two very idiosyncratic characters. I have seen some other actors whose names I can't remember play Bertie and they were nowhere near as good as Hugh, they don't convey the sweet-naturedness of the character the way Hugh does. Stephen is a great Jeeves. I love his subtle facial expressions.
5. Writing. I'm a bit surprised karaokegal picked this because as far as I know she has not read a lot of my fics or at least not commented on a lot of them apart from my two MMOM entries and the lyric prompt one i got from her. I love to write fics and i used to do it all the time when i was younger but i stopped for over ten years and have just started doing it again about a year ago. I like to write what I call "shits and giggles" fics, most of the other writers on here do the angst better than I do, so for the most part nothing really horrible happens in my fics. I wish more people read mine but I have no intention whatsoever of radically changing my style in order to get more people to like my writing, I would consider that something of a sell out. You wouldn't see Harlan Ellison "toning it down", would you? Finally, in case anybody is wondering, yes, I very deliberately gave all my House fics titles beginning with the letter I. The first two happened to have that in common and I thought it was an interesting gimmick and it also forces me to put some thought into them.