Get out your iPod and prepare to be amazed by the power of music to predict what you will, or should, do in the new year. Shuffle your playlist and set your controls for random play. Let it play a new, randomly selected song for each question and write down the title as your answer. Don't pick and choose — take the first song it gives you!
1. So, how would you best describe 2019?
2. What should your new year's resolutions deal with?
Sun King-the Beatles
3. What's in store for you this spring?
Braided Hair-1 Giant Leap featuring Speech, Neneh Cherry and Ulali (my hair doesn't braid well at all)
4. This summer?
Cogele el Gusto-Chico Alvarez (Google translate tells me this means "take the taste" in Spanish. Maybe I'll try some food I've never had before?)
5. This winter?
Shining Star-Earth, Wind and Fire
6. What about this year's holiday?
Cajuina-Caetano Veloso (Cajuina is a cashew apple drink popular in Brazil. I wouldn't at all mind visiting Brazil on vacation)
7. Will you find true love this year?
True Faith-New Order (I'm an atheist so I'm kind of side eyeing this....)
8. If you do, what will be "your song" with your new love?
Sister Morphine-the Rolling Stones (oh god, haha)
9. How will things go with your friends this year?
We Are the Dead-David Bowie (oh shit)
10. What will you worry about this year?
Let's Spend the Night Together-David Bowie
11. What will be a pleasant surprise this year?
Spazz-the Elastic Band (what?)
12. What will cause you problems this year?
Born in Chicago-the Paul Butterfield Blues Band (most of these make no sense)
13. How will school be this year?
Raspberry Beret-Prince (I'm not in bloody school)
14. How will things go at work?
Here Comes My Girl-Tom Petty (huh??)
15. Will you get rich this year?
Bouba (Cool)-Dady Mimbo (my source material on this song says Dady Mimbo is from Cameroon and "the song warns the listener to be cautious of foreigners who come bearing false promises". I don't understand any African languages and just liked the way the song sounded)